This section provides the procedure for making and submission of papers for publication.
- You can submit an article via the online form on this site or by submitting it to a mail or emaill address.
- Paper submission automatically means agreement of the author (s) with conditions EULA.
- Journal Languages: English, Ukrainian.
- Submitted manuscripts must contain original work which has been neither previously published, nor is it under consideration by another journal.
- For the articles in Ukrainian you must additionally submit an extended abstract in English with a minimum of 1800 characters, including keywords. Important!!! Please pay attention that all the references in the reference list must be given in Latin letters (those in Ukrainian or Russian must be given in transliteration).
- The article should be formatted according to the template and rules of publishing house CPI “Kyiv University”. These rules can be found here or on the website of the Information and Publishing Center “Kyiv University”: http://vpc.univ.kiev.ua/avtoram.html. Articles that do not meet the requirements of publishers, will not be printed.
If submitted papers meet the basic requirements of “Bulletin of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University. Astronomy” they undergo anonymous peer review by expert double-blind analysis. It means that both the reviewer and author do not see any personal information of each other throughout the review process. Our reviewers are expected to review articles and return their reviews within 2 weeks of having received this. If reviewer make his recommendation then author(s) will be given the opportunity to adequately respond to their feedback by a required date. This entire review process will take anywhere between 1-3 months after submission of manuscript. The editor’s decision is final.
According to the order “About the procedure for providing paid services Information and Publishing Center “Kyiv University” publication of articles is carried out on a paid basis. Payment must be made after the decision about acceptance for publication. Cost of services – 40 thousand characters with spaces (1 dr.ark.) – 1047 UAH (as of 03/01/19). Exempted from payment: students and postgraduates Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv; teachers and scientists of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv; if the article is published co-authored with authors from university-partner (co-author who is not an employee of the University, pays 1/2 or 1/3 of the value of the article based on the number of authors).
Editors reserve the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication for the sake of style or clarity. Authors will be consulted only if the changes are substantial.